To the movies that can make you cry and laugh at the same time. Today I saw the movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close at the dollar theater. Wow. . . it was a really good movie but definitely one that made me cry quite a few times. It was a very moving movie about a boy whose father died in the 9/11 attack and his journey to figure out what a key he found in his dad’s closet opens, so that he can feel close to him again. Along the journey he meets so many people and learns their stories and expands himself while facing his fears. You see him and his mother trying to learn to live again together without him. I thought that this movie was put together really well and the actor did a wonderful job. I would definitely recommend this movie as long as you don’t mind some good crying moments alongside some moments of laughter.
Me and my husband just watched this one. Definitely a good one that makes you think!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that it was a good movie, I'll definitely watch it now. I don't mind crying movies, lol.
ReplyDeleteIf it's a crying one I definitely shouldn't see it. I'm so sensitive that even commercials make me cry. Maybe I'll try reading the book. I know I'll probably cry during that too, but at least I won't be in public!
ReplyDeleteYeah, the preview for this movie makes me cry, but it looks so good! I'll just have to make sure I'm well-stocked with tissues. :)
ReplyDelete