So today I wanted to blog about how media can help to bridge the gap between the generations. So before I moved to Utah for school I had not really had the chance to get to know my grandparents all that well because I saw them probably once a year for a week to ten days with forty other people there as well. One of the ways I have been able to spend more time with them, getting to know them is through the classics and other similar shows and movies. We watch shows such as musicals from the 40s and 50s, other shows and movies from that time and shows from masterpiece classics on PBS (the show we were watching until it ended a couple of weeks ago was Downton Abbey which I thought was awesome J). It gives us something in common to talk about and has led to many long conversations about their lives, which are infinitely more interesting then I was led to believe previously. I have learned more about my grandparent in the last year then the nineteen before and I have to say that very happy that I have had this opportunity and I hope to continue to enjoy like shows and movies with them for many years.
No comments:
Post a Comment