So recently my sister purchased some audiobooks and sent them to me. Now she loves to listen to books even more than reading them but I actually prefer the other way. I love the feel of reading from an actual book, the fell of the paper, the smell, everything. But recently I have come to really enjoy some particular books on "tape" so I decided to post about it. One of the reasons why it is fun to listen to some books on tape is because to me it is like watching a movie. You get some of the nuances that can be missed while reading the words for yourself; such as accents and personality of the characters that a good reader will bring to life. Some readers are amazing at creating voices for character that are perfect and bring the world of the book to life. One such example is The Chronicles of Nick set in New Orleans. The way the reader can bring you to New Orleans is amazing. The reader, Holter Graham, is particularly great at this in this series. There is such a wide arrays of voices I really do feel like the characters are speaking and it is a fun experience. Sometimes I have gone to do something else and caught myself wondering what show, or movie, I was watching before I remember that I was lisening to a book. If you haven't tried out audiobooks I would recommend it, especially for times when you’re walking to or from school, working out, or other things that need your hands but not necessarily your whole mind.
I've heard that listening to "The Help" is another good one because of all the fun accents!
ReplyDelete